Call for Nominations for the 2015 AERA Division D
Significant Contribution to Educational Measurement and Research Methodology Award
The 2015 Award will be in Section 3:
Qualitative Research Methods.
Division D of AERA welcomes nominations for the 2015 Award for Significant Contribution to Educational Measurement and Research Methodology. This annual award recognizes one piece of published research judged to represent a significant conceptual advancement in theory and practice of educational measurement and/or
educational research methodology. This award is not considered a lifetime achievement award; the significance of the contribution will be the primary consideration for this award. The research may be the work of an individual or a team of researchers.
Since 2014, the Award has been rotating among the three sections:
In selecting a winner, the following guidelines will apply:
- Quality, originality, and potential impact of the research on educational measurement and/or research methodology are the primary criteria for this award.
- The recognized publication may be, but is not limited to, a refereed research article in either a print or online journal, a paper published in a refereed conference proceeding, a monograph, a book chapter, or a book. The work must have been published between August 1, 2011 and July 31, 2014.
- The nomination should be submitted electronically unless the material is not available in that format.
- For articles, papers, book chapters, and books (not edited books), all authors must be nominated for the award; the first author must be a member of AERA-D.
- Edited books may be submitted with the editors as the nominees. For edited volumes, the editors must have contributed significantly to the work; the nomination letter should describe how the editors contributed.
- The nominator agrees that this work will not be nominated for a similar award that will be given during the 2015 Annual Meeting of either AERA or NCME.
A complete nomination consists of:
- The nomination letter (self-nominations are welcome) should include how the research impacts methodology and how it contributes in an original way to methodology.
- A copy of the nominated research publication, including its bibliographic citation. If the publication is a book or monograph, the nominator should indicate which portion of the book or monograph is nominated for this award and include sample pages or chapters in the packet.
- At least one additional letter of recommendation addressing the quality and potential impact of the research. The letter of recommendation must come from someone who is not affiliated with the nominated work.
- All nominees’ vitae.
The winner will be announced and honored at the 2015 AERA annual meeting with a plaque and a $1,000 award. The winner will also be invited to present a talk at the following year’s business meeting.
Submit the complete nomination by November 30, 2014 to:
James E. Carlson (chair)
Educational Testing Service