Note: We are expecting to have new QRSIG bylaws be approved in Spring 2012
The bylaws of the SIG consist of the statement of mission, the listing of the roles and duties of officers, description of the elections at Annual Meeting, description of and support for the Egon G. Guba Invited Address at the Annual Meeting, description of and support for the Outstanding Qualitative Dissertation Award annually, description of current committees and all these are on this website. In addition, all persons who are seeking to serve as officers in the SIG must be a member in good standing of both AERA and the QRSIG.
All officers may report at the annual business meeting.
Currently all offices are three year terms: the Chair is elected in even years, whereas all other offices in odd numbered years.
Duties of the QRSIG Officers
- Overall planning of Annual Meeting
- Appointment of any committees as needed, i.e. The Outstanding Dissertation Committee
- Work with Program chair to develop program
- File AERA reports
- Conduct annual business meeting
- Work with AERA central staff on financial matters as needed
- Program Chair/Co-Chair:
- Overall program development and facilitation
- File SIG information to be included in AERA Call for proposals
- Work with SIG officers to insure quality program
- Oversee submissions and review of proposals for annual meeting
- Report on Program Matters as needed
- Newsletter Editor: (began in 1994)
- Create, assemble, and post newsletter; since 2002, electronic format on the website of AERA, publishes at least two newsletters per year.
- Deadlines for contributions to the newsletter are as follows every year:
- February 1: for the March newsletter
- May 15: for the July newsletter
- October 1: for the November newsletter
- Historian (began in 1999)
- Keep the history of the SIG and update as needed.
- Webmaster (began 2005):
- Act as website coordinator and contact since 2005.
Outstanding Dissertation Award Committee
Each year, the QRSIG acknowledges an Outstanding Dissertation. This dissertation is selected by a committee and carries with it a small honorarium and a plaque. This award was named the Mary Catherine Ellwein Award for the period, 1995-2005. The award continues since 2005 as the Outstanding Qualitative Dissertation Award
This committee consists of current officers and the past SIG Chair
Previous Officers of the QRSIG
- In one or more offices the following members have served as officers since 1987:
- Bob Donmoyer, Mary Lee Smith, Jim Pearsol, Alan Peshkin, Lou Smith, Jennifer Greene, Sandra Mathison, John K. Smith, Noreen Michael, Mary Jo McGee Brown, Mary Catherine Ellwein, Valerie J. Janesick, Hallie Preskill, Beth Graue, Judith Gouwens, Patricia Williams Boyd, Daniel Walsh, Deborah Gallagher, Mary Radnofsky, Julie Biddle, Audrey Kleinsasser, Katherine Ryan, Norman K. Denzin, Jim Scheurich, Joe Maxwell., J. Hipps, Carolyn N. Stevenson, Judith Meloy, Leslie Bloom, and our current officers.